Most of the heart medications deplete your electrolytes: magnesium, potassium, calcium.
Your heart requires these minerals in order to keep functioning.
So when your blood tests come back showing that you are depleted, they put you on synthetic electrolytes, vitamin D and T4:
- Prilosec: synthetic magnesium
- Calmax, Caltrate, Calcium carbonate: synthetic calcium
- Klor-con: synthetic potassium
- Calcitrol: synthetic Vitamin D
and if you started with hypothyroid, you should not take Levothrold: syntethic Hormone T4
- heart disease, coronary artery disease, or a history of blood clots;
- diabetes (insulin or oral diabetes medication doses may need to be changed when you start taking levothyroxine);
- anemia (lack of red blood cells);
- osteoporosis, or low bone mineral density;
- problems with your pituitary gland;
- any food or drug allergies;
- an untreated or uncontrolled adrenal gland disorder; or
- if you have recently had a heart attack, or are having any symptoms of a heart attack (chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the jaw or shoulder, nausea, sweating, general ill feeling).
But clinical studies “Bolland et al, British Medical Journal, August 31, 2010” show that synthetic calcium increases risk of heart attacks.
Calcium can contribute to the hardening of the arteries.
Furthermore, the supplement will attach to the heart medication and prevent absorption!!
In addition, leading cardiologists are now admitting that they had the cholesterol issue wrong!!! So you really need to be careful of those anti-choleterols like Lipitor that also prevent your body from making the CoQ10 that is required in every cell of the body.
Where did we ever get the idea that man could do better than nature…?! Science keeps showing us that the more man gets involved the worse off we are.
Why not go to a good health practitioner and solve the underlying issues rather than medicate yourself to death? Find good healthy foods and real supplements to support your health rather than manage your symptoms.
Here’s to your health!
For more information, contact: Dr Holly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2013 © Choices Unlimited for Health & Wellness
Disclaimer: This site is provided for general information only, and is not a substitute for the medical advice of your own doctor or other health care professional. This site is not responsible or liable for any diagnosis made by a user based on the content of this website. This site is not liable for the contents of any external internet sites listed, nor does it endorse any commercial product or service mentioned or advised on any of such sites. Always consult your own health care practitioner.