We have been talking alot about cancer lately…for many it is a scary subject. Unfortunately, this fear provides MDs with a lot of power.
But when you read that 97% of chemotherapy doesn’t work…or that 92% of oncologists would never use chemotherapy…one really has to question if they have anything to offer…
I wrote the following article back in 2012…and it still has alot of power…read it and understand your choices and your power.
Cancer – know your options
CANCER – do you know your molecules? Let’s look at 6 of them. Personally, I got rid of an ovarian tumor in 3.5 weeks because of one food – that I ate 3 times a day…lets look at some of the evidence.
Allopathic cancer treatments in the last century have involved chemosurgery and radiation. Yet, success fails in all except three cancers. I have read that for the first time cancer patients are living longer and better. I also read that 92% of cancer patients are looking into alternative medicine.
While looking for actual statistics, I found this website: http://www.cancer-research-awareness.com/alternative-cancer-treatment-statistics.html
The article discusses someone else looking for stats on cancer. He wrote that he could not find the stats because:
- They’re all concerned about coming under the full hammer of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- That’s like going to war with theUnited States…trying to stay “under the radar” of the FDA. They’re just small operations trying to help people.
- Is there any wonder why these small clinics don’t publish their stats? Answer: No, they don’t want the hassles and lawsuits.
So, What Did I Find?
- On our first meeting, I asked my clinic doctor about his statistics.
- He told me he had been tracking over 400 of his cancer patients who used Alternative Cancer Treatments for more than four years on various Types of Cancer.
He said the group had an amazing 85% success story, meaning 85% of his tracked cancer patients were either in remission, or their cancer was completely gone. I set there “TRULY AMAZED” as I listened to his story of success with Alternative Cancer Treatments.
- Important Note:These are cancer victims usually in stage 3 and 4 where it has spread to other organs and tissues of the body. These are difficult cases for traditional cancer treatments and their 5-year survival rates are usually in single digits.
- And…most-if-not-all of these cancer victims have already tried traditional treatments and they failed.
But lets look at what the data is. There are a variety of molecules in our foods that work against cancer in a variety of ways. Each molecule will have a couple of sample medical articles to support their use in dealing with cancer.
1) Curcumin, ie., tumeric, ginger
- Br J Clin Pharmacol 1998 Jan;45(1):1-12;update
Toxicol Lett 2000 Mar 15;112-113:499-505). They observed that curcumin slows the rate at which hormone-responsive prostate cancer cells become resistant to hormonal therapy
- Biochemists in Chinareported January 2007 that month that curcumin “downregulates homeobox gene NKX3.1 in prostate cancer cell LNCaP”
- In Japanthis year researchers defined curcumin as a broad-spectrum anti-cancer agent: Iqbal M, et al. Pharmacol Toxicol. 2003 Jan;92(1):33-8).
- Vimala, S., et al. Anti-tumour promoter activity in Malaysian ginger rhizobia used in traditional medicine. British Journal of Cancer, Vol. 80, No. 1/2, april 1999, pp. 110-16.
- a) The important bioactive substances in turmeric and ginger include those involved with:
- Oxygen homeostasis;
2. The death of cancer cells by a process called apoptosis;
3. Enzymes of crucial importance in the immune system;
4. The metabolism of essential fatty acids; and
5. Various other healing responses. http://www.majidali.com/spice_medicine_and_oxygen_part_2.htm
2) Betalaines, ie., beets, prickly pear (72 types of betalaines;
- a) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19468836: Phenolic composition, antioxidant capacity and in vitro cancer cell cytotoxicity of nine prickly pear (Opuntia spp.) juices. Chavez-Santoscoy RA, Gutierrez-Uribe JA, Serna-Saldívar SO. Source: Departamento de Biotecnología e Ingeniería de Alimentos, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Av. Eugenio Garza Sada 2501 Sur,Monterrey CP 64849, NL, México.
- b) Phenolic composition, antioxidant capacity and in vitro cancer cell cytotoxicity of nine prickly pear (Opuntia spp.) juices.
Departamento de Biotecnología e Ingeniería de Alimentos, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Av. Eugenio Garza Sada 2501 Sur, Monterrey CP 64849, NL, México.
During the inflammatory process a chemical is released known as myeloperoxidase (MPE).
This is the most powerful oxidant produced by the human neutrophil during acute inflammation, especially from infection or cancer.Betalains found in the Nopal cactus fruit extinguish the fire of inflammation caused by MPE and protect the healthy cells. Betalains rescue the cell by quenching the fire of free radicals
2 Liminoids ie., lemons
- Limonoids inhibit tumor
formation by promoting the formation of a detoxifying enzyme.
- Limonoids cause apoptosis (death) in cancer cells, he said. http://www.thebatt.com/2.8485/a-m-professor-focuses-on-citrus-for-cancer-prevention-1.1198435
- http://cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/6/9/733.short: Molecular epidemiology of the human glutathione S-transferace genotypes GSTM1 and GSTT1 in cancer susceptibility
- http://www.immune-health-solutions-for-you.com/glutathione-and-cancer.html: discusses how glutathione is both a preventative; and a treatment
- a) glutathione is the master endogenous anti-oxidant; a chelator; an anti-inflammatory; a transporter; protects DNA and ETC production of ATP (fuel in the cell)
There are two predominant ways to increase glutathione levels. Taking it in food or supplement form is of no benefit because
- a) it gets broken down in the stomach into 3 amino acids, a sulfur and hydro
- b) even if stayed together, there are no transport systems into the cells
Therefore it has to be made inside of the cell….a) increase the cells tools to make glutathione by turning on the appropriate DNA mechanisms AND b) provide the cells with the nutrients to make the glutathione (OGF) (Dr Kellers Original Glutathione Formula – that has all the research behind it)
5) Polysaccrids (beta glucans) ie., mushrooms i.e., Ganoderma Lucidum; Red Reishi
- http://www.betaglucan.org/history.htmidentifies a numbe
r of universities, researchers, and papers of those who have researched beta glucans and cancer
- Beta glucans” refers generally, but not always, to Beta- 1,3/1,6-glucan. “Scleroglucan” and “PSAT” are two Beta-1,3/1,6-polysaccharides. Beta glucans are derived primarily from yeast cell wall, various fungi, grains, and mushrooms. Beta 1,4 glucan is derived from oats and barley, minimally effective in immune potentiation and not included in this research summary of forms of Beta 1,3/1,6 glucan. Many beta glucans are marketed under various trademark names that are not unique ingredient formulations. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19468836
- Beta 1,3-D Glucan works by activating the macrophages, or immune cells, which trap and engulf foreign substances. These activated cells start a cascade of events that cause the entire system to be alerted and mobilised, in an entirely naturally activated sequence. This amplified immune system response helps speed up the recovery of damaged tissue, helps other substances like antibiotics, anti-fungals and anti-parasitics to work better, and helps the macrophages recognise and destroy mutated cells.” http://www.greenehaven.com/Beta.html#summary
6) Procyanidins ie., chocolate, apples : promote apoptosis (or death) in cancer cells
a) Chemopreventive properties of apple procyanidins on human colon cancer-derived metastatic SW620 cells and in a rat model of colon carcinogenesis
+ Author Affiliations
- b) Procyanidins inhibit proliferation and promote apoptosis of the prostate cancer cell line LNCaP]. [Article in Chinese] Wu ZQ, Huang H, Ding XM,Luo RC.
Source : Department of Oncology,NanfangHospital, SouthernMedicalUniversity,Guangzhou 510515,China.
C ) Our results show that apple procyanidins alter intracellular signaling pathways, polyamine biosynthesis and trigger apoptosis in tumor cells. These compounds antagonize cancer promotion in vivo. In contrast with absorbable drugs, these natural, non toxic, dietary constituents reach the colon where they are able to exert their antitumor effects. http://carcin.oxfordjournals.org/content/26/7/1291.full
- d) skin cancer— grape seed proanthocyanidins decreased tumor numbers and reduced the malignancyof papillomas.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grape_seed_extract
Always make sure you do your research…know what options you have and the real research behind it. Different foods, herbs and spices are also known to interact with different types of cancer.
For more information on cancer, you will want to read:
Found on: www.drhollybooks.com, all you have to do is click on the website.
For more information, contact: Dr Holly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2012 © Choices Unlimited for Health & Wellness
Disclaimer: This site is provided for general information only, and is not a substitute for the medical advice of your own doctor or other health care professional. This site is not responsible or liable for any diagnosis made by a user based on the content of this website. This site is not liable for the contents of any external internet sites listed, nor does it endorse any commercial product or service mentioned or advised on any of such sites. Always consult your own health care practitioner.