Historically, our only gut issue was the extent that it might “stick out”. Then we were taught that that a “gut” provoked diabetes. Today, we know that 80% of those with weight issues don’t have diabetes. Times are changing fast and the information that is being discovered by NON-Big Pharma research is moving even faster.
Your gastrointestinal (GI) tract, the tube that runs from your mouth to your anus, is actually outside of your body. With an estimated 35,000 species, there is more microbiota in your gut than the total number of cells in your body…these guys play a huge role in your health.
Our microbiota development starts during fetal development; then through the birth canal; and again through Mother’s Milk. Subsequently, the diet in the first couple of years plays a huge role in the developing colonization of various species.
They are responsible for:
- Metabolizing sugars, carbohydrates. fibers, polyphenols, bioflavonoids, etc
- Creating or effecting the regulation of various vitamins, fatty acids, neurotransmitters, neuropeptides, enzymes, glial cells and neural myelination
- Metabolizing & eliminating minerals, like zinc, iodine, selenium, etc
- Protecting the intestinal mucosal membrane & secreting toxins that kill pathogenic microbes
- Interacting with, supporting & regulating our immune & inflammatory system
Your gut microbiota can affect your thoughts, your emotions & behavior. Everything from depression/anxiety, bipolar disorders, schizophrenia & autism; never mind cholesterols, weight, diabetes, liver function, etc.
Today’s diet destroys the good guys & supports the bad guys.
- Bad guys feed on sugars
- Pasteurized, process & GMO foods lack the nutrients the good guys require
- Lack good fiber to transport/feed the good guys
- Environmental and heavy metal toxicity in the air, water, food & cleaning products destroy the good guys
- Research is now showing that medications, from anti-depressants to birth control pills to anti-biotics destroy the good guys
You can enhance good healthy microbiota.
- Fermented foods & picked foods (HEALTHY yogurt – no sugars, artificial fruit & flavourings)
- Polyphenols (green leafy vegetables, 100% chocolate, berries, etc)
- Vitamin D from the sun
Whether you want to get pregnant; have emotional issues, neurological disorders, immune disorders, inflammatory disorders, weight issues or a huge number of other issues; then start with your diet and improve your gut function. A healthy gut digests, absorbs and eliminates effectively.
Here’s to your health.
Make an appointment with Dr Holly: 604 764 5203 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more information on health, click on www.DrHollyBooks.com.
Read a sexy romantic novel, then go for Entwined: A Romantic Journey Back into Health. A sexy romantic novel, packed full of information on a wide variety of health issues.
Listen to Dr Holly’s Whole Health Initiative, click on www.NewsForTheSoul.com Wed at noon. The program goes around the world. Be part of the network.
Get emails, blogs, articles, videos, questionnaires, books, etc. Just click on www.WholeHealthInitiative.ca and sign up for a different psychological or physiological health focus each month.
You or someone you know suffering from depression? Click onto the F*R*E*E depression video series on www.ChoicesUnlimited.ca
Here’s to your health!
For more information, contact: Dr Holly at email@example.com
Copyright 2017 © Choices Unlimited for Health & Wellness
Disclaimer: This site is provided for general information only, and is not a substitute for the medical advice of your own doctor or other health care professional. This site is not responsible or liable for any diagnosis made by a user based on the content of this website. This site is not liable for the contents of any external internet sites listed, nor does it endorse any commercial product or service mentioned or advised on any of such sites. Always consult your own health care practitioner.