What is Alzheimer’s? It is one of many types of dementias. Unfortunately, many physicians simply put anyone with dementia into the Alzheimer’s category, because it is easy. Unfortunately, this leads the way to many misdiagnoses.
Conditions Misdiagnosed as Alzheimer’s (more than 100 conditions can mimic Alzheimer’s)
- Vascular Dementia (about 14%) or multi infarct or other blood vessel disorders
- Drug induced (drugs for: allergies, anxiety, cardio, depression, diabetes, epilepsy, heart burn, high cholesterol, insomnia, chemotherapy, radiation, pain)
- Metabolic & Endocrine disorders, i.e., thyroid and adrenal
- Brain lesions, i.e., tumors, subdural hematomas, abscesses, etc
- Infections, i.e., meningitis, encephalitis, syphilitic, etc
- Severe depression, grief, frustration, etc
- Huntington’s disease
- Lewy Bodies
- Prion disease
Some of the Causes:
- Glutathione deficiency
- Fatty acid deficiency
- Liver &/or Kidney disease
- Vitamin B1,2,3,6,9,12 deficiency
- Manganese poisoning
- Heavy metal toxicities: mercury, aluminum, lead,
- Other toxicities: chlorine, fluoride,
And the worst part is that the commonly prescribed L-Dopa, the most commonly prescribed medication for Alzheimer’s can make these other conditions even worse.
The solution, find a health practitioner rather than a symptom manager, and get to the root of the problem, so that you can work with an effective treatment.
Do your homework.
Here’s to your health!
For more information, contact: Dr Holly at email@example.com
Copyright 2014 © Choices Unlimited for Health & Wellness
Disclaimer: This site is provided for general information only, and is not a substitute for the medical advice of your own doctor or other health care professional. This site is not responsible or liable for any diagnosis made by a user based on the content of this website. This site is not liable for the contents of any external internet sites listed, nor does it endorse any commercial product or service mentioned or advised on any of such sites. Always consult your own health care practitioner.