Would you believe there are 1000s and 1000s. I read somewhere, years ago, there are over 18,000 known anti-oxidants. However, there is also alot of misinformation about anti-oxidants. For instance, one acclaimed specialist sent out a blog claiming that while glutathione is the anti-oxidant for the liver, bilberry is the anti-oxidant for the eyes. What he obviously didn’t know was:
1) while glutathione is in every cell of the body and the highest concentration is in the liver…the 2nd highest concentration is in the eyes….!
2) the highest concentration of Vitamin C – another anti-oxidant – is in the eyes
Now glutathione is considered the Master Anti-oxidant for a variety of reasons…
1) it recycles itself – and so unlike other anti-oxidants, can be used over and over and over…
2) it recycles other anti-oxidants – which allows them to be used over and over
3) it operates on all kinds of free radicals, whereas other anti-oxidants only operate on one type of free radical
4) it operates in all locations…inside the cell, the cell membrane and outside of the cell, whereas other anti-oxidants only operate in one location
And, perhaps the most important – it has all kinds of other functions. For instance:
- it protects the mitochondria – the fuel producing organelle inside each cell
- it provokes the enzyme that helps produce more telomeres at the end of each DNA strand
- it provides the inner cell transportation for amino acids
- it regulates the immune system cells
- it allows red blood cells to take up and release oxygen and carbon dioxide
- it either corrects or eliminates reproducing cells that are damaged
- it regulates various hormones, for instance, it eliminates excess estrogens
the challenge with glutathione is that it has to be made inside the cells. In order to make glutathione, your methylation cycles need to be functioning and so does your mitochondria. And of course, you have to be indulging in a healthy diet to provide all the nutrients:
- make the enzymes that break down the nutrients in the gut
- make the transport mechanisms that transport the nutrients through the gut into the portal blood system and up to the liver
- so the liver can make all the compounds it needs to make to transport those nutrients in the blood throughout the body
- so each cell can create healthy methylation cycles and healthy mitochondria
- so that the cell can make glutathione
Remember, nothing happens in isolation!
Here’s to healthy eating so the body can make its own powerful anti-oxidants!!
Make an appointment with Dr Holly: 604 764 5203 OR email@example.com
Read more information on health, click on www.DrHollyBooks.com.
Read a sexy romantic novel, then go for Entwined: A Romantic Journey Back into Health. A sexy romantic nov
el, packed full of information on a wide variety of health issues.
Or the sequel with debates be
tween Western Conventional physicians and Alternative Real Health Physicians:
Entwined: The Continuing Journey.
Listen to Dr Holly’s Whole Health Initiative, click on www.NewsForTheSoul.com Wed at noon. The program goes around the w
orld. Be part of the network.
Get emails, blogs, articles, videos, questionnaires, books, etc. Just click on www.WholeHealthInitiative.ca and sign up for a different psychological or physiological health focus each month.
You or someone you know suffering from depression? Click onto the F*R*E*E depression video series on www.ChoicesUnlimited.ca
Here’s to your health!
For more information, contact: Dr Holly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2018 © Choices Unlimited for Health & Wellness
Disclaimer: This site is provided for general information only, and is not a substitute for the medical advice of your own doctor or other health care professional. This site is not responsible or liable for any diagnosis made by a user based on the content of this website. This site is not liable for the contents of any external internet sites listed, nor does it endorse any commercial product or service mentioned or advised on any of such sites. Always consult your own health care practitioner.